This tour begins at our shop in the heart of Downtown Minneapolis, followed by a short drive through the historic warehouse district that brings us to our entry point at Bohemian Flats. Upon entry of the river, guests paddle into the awe inspiring Lower Saint Anthony Lock to get to an incredible view of Downtown and the Mill City area. After coming back out of the Lower Saint Anthony Lock, the journey continues through the beautiful and ONLY gorge on the Mississippi River. An adventurous paddle through these unexpected limestone cliffs brings you to a white-sand beach at the confluence of Minnehaha Creek and the Mississippi River. The tour ends with a short hike up to see majestic Minnehaha Falls and (if you choose) wonderful snacks or drinks at Sea Salt Restaurant. Because this is where the tour ends, Minnehaha Park and the Seasalt Restaurant can be explored until the heart is content. Before leaving, guides will give directions to the light rail stop at Minnehaha falls which leads to a fascinating (but short) light rail ride back to downtown Minneapolis. (Guests are to bring $2.25/person to cover light rail costs).
- Cost: $95 /paddler + tax and optional gratuity
- Length: Approximately 4 hours (tour time can vary with wind, river flow, etc.)
- Cost includes: guide, all necessary equipment, and amazing memories! (does not include: light rail fee, or food and drink at Seasalt)
- Meeting location is our shop location at 200 N 2nd St Minneapolis, 55413 (we are connected to the Industrial Lighting building)
- Guests will be using our tandem kayaks unless there is an odd number in a reservation (i.e. if you are alone or have 3 people, 7, etc.) or if you request the use of our single kayaks ahead of time
- The last portion of the tour is a 0.5 mile walk so please keep that in mind if you are at all concerned about your physical ability
- Weather appropriate athletic-type clothing
- A snack (kayaking can work up an appetite and you may get hungry before you get to Seasalt)
- Shoes that you don’t mind getting wet
- Money for the light rail and for food/drink at Seasalt (both accept credit cards)
- Shoes you don’t mind getting wet (i.e. sandals, old tennis shoes, etc.)
If you have additional questions please do not hesitate to contact us and/or check out our FAQ page.